Benevolent Society of St. Francis of Neresine
Scholarship Program guidelines
Who is eligible?
1. Any member of the society who wishes to continue their studies.
2. Any indvidual that has a living parent
or grandparent that was born in Nerezine, Osor, Punta Kriza or Sv. Jakov.
Any person who resides in the United States who has roots that originate from the localities of Nerezine, Sveti Jakov, Osor
and Punta Kriza who wishes to
apply for the scholarship.
What are the requirements?
1. A Society member must sponsor the applicant.
2. Submission of high school
or college transcripts.
3. Proof of official enrollment and matriculation at an accredited college or
4. Proof of GPA at entry into institution; minimum of 3.0 (B to B+)
5. Submission of proof of involvement of
extra-curricular activities; athletics, social
organizations, community involvement and school programs.
6. Submission of a theme based essay of no less than 500 words on what makes the
for a Scholarship.
7. Winner is invited to become a participating member of the St. Francis Society.
are winners selected/awarded?
1. The Society Scholarship Committee will select scholarship
2. The committee will notify the winner.
3. The award will be presented at the society's annual dinner
4. Recipient is asked to attend the dinner dance to accept the award.
is the Amount of the award?
1. Winner will be awarded $ 500 for the fiscal year.
A recipient may re-apply every year as long as the required criteria are met.
What is the deadline
for the application?
The deadline for the application is October 31st.
do I apply for the scholarship?
Please contact one of the following committee members by mail
Albert Canaletich Claudio
8 St. Paul's Crescent
146-15 Willets Point Blvd
384 Arkansas Drive
Garden City, NY 11530
Whitestone, NY 11357 Valley
Stream, NY 11580